Grilled or Baked, salmon is one of my favorite entrees to prepare during the summer months. Last night, I decided to bake my salmon, but I wanted to prepare a glaze to accompany it. I recalled a salmon dish I had at a restaurant some time ago that featured a cherry balsamic glaze. It was sweet, savory & to die for. I began by rummaging through my refrigerator, only to find I was out of cherries. Luckily, I still had a jar of Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves, so already this meal looked very promising.
- 4 Wild Caught Salmon Filets, about 6 ounces each
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Balsamic Dressing
- 1 Cup Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves
- 2 Tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
- Italian Blend Salad (or any mixed greens of your choosing)
I began by preheating the oven to 400 degrees and spraying my baking dish with an olive oil cooking spray, before placing my salmon filets in. I topped each portion with a bit of sea salt and coarse pepper. Next, I placed my dish in the oven to bake for about 15 – 20 minutes. I tend to ‘eye’ my salmon when baking so I don’t over cook accidentally. Generally, when the salmon becomes opaque and becomes flaky, it’s done. While the salmon was in the oven, I began preparing my glaze.
- Add balsamic dressing, cherry preserves & Dijon mustard to a medium saucepan and place over medium heat and stir. Simmer, uncovered, for about 6 – 8 minutes, or until sauce starts to bubble and thicken. Remove from heat.
- Place your salad greens on a plate. When salmon is cooked, remove from oven and place on top. Spoon the cherry balsamic glaze over the salmon and greens. Serve and Enjoy!